Yellow Mustard Seeds have a slightly sweet flavour and aroma that's milder than their black counterpart. The seeds can be used whole after blooming in a warm pan, or ground in a mortar and pestle to rub on meats or toss through veggies before roasting. It releases an earthy aroma when cooked and a savoury and tangy taste.
Mustard is a good source of omega 3, minerals and have many health benefits. It contains iron, calcium, zinc and magnesium.
100% dried Whole Yellow Mustard Seeds
How to use:
- Combine with lemon juice, tarragon and vinegar for a salad vinaigrette
- They combine well with bay, chilli, coriander, cumin, dill, fenugreek, nigella, parsley, tarragon, turmeric, garlic, pepper and paprika
- Use in Indian curries, spiced rice & stir-fry dishes
- Use in chutneys and meats as chicken, lamb, pork, turkey, beef and ham
- Bloom in a warm pan before using to release their volatile oils
- Their pungent flavour means only 1/2-1tsp at a time adds a deep mustard flavour
- Grind in a mortar and pestle to make a powder
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Amaranth Lentil Curry
Country of origin:
India, Canada, Australia
Other names or spelling:
Brown mustard seeds, black mustard seeds, Yellow Mustard, Brassica alba, Rai, Lal sarsu, brown mustard seed, White mustard, Brassica hirta, brown mustard, Brassica juncea, black mustard, Brassica nigra, black mustard seeds,
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.