Onion flakes are made from fresh onions which are gently roasted, chopped and dried. This handy mix saves those tears and is great to take camping where space and refrigeration are limited.
Culinary Notes :
- Use 1 tablespoon dried to 1/2 fresh diced onion.
- Rehydrate onion flakes by soaking them for 15 minutes and use them as fresh onions.
- Use to flavour dishes as gravies, stews, meatballs, hamburgers, omelets, chilli, and sour cream dips.
- Use in soups, sauces, meats, poultry dish and vegetables
- Use to make herb bread
- Use in tuna or chicken salads.
- Sprinkle on beef, pork, lamb, chicken and beef before roasting
Onions have many compounds responsible for their aroma and health benefits. The onion can help to increase bone density and has anti-inflammatory benefits.
Recipe/ product links:
Country of origin:
Central Asia and Middle East
Other names or spelling: onion chopped, onion flakes, slices of onion, allium cepa