Paprika Smokey has a vibrant red colour with a warm, silky, and slightly woody capsicum flavour. Our paprika is sourced from Spain and smoked here in Melbourne using traditional oak wood smoke. This ensures that you get a beautiful rich smokey depth of flavour to your dishes every time. Labelled one of the most versatile and most used spices in the world. Paprika is used as an ingredient in numerous dishes throughout the world. It is principally used to season and color rices, stews, and soups, such as goulash, and in the preparation of sausages, mixed with meats and other spices. In the United States, paprika is frequently sprinkled raw on foods as a garnish, but the flavour is more pronounced when heated. It is a great accompaniment to meat and vegetable dishes such as our roast pork with Spanish spiced beetroot salad.
Culinary Notes :
- For a richer flavour heat paprika in a pan with oil to release before adding to a variety of dishes
- Add to your sauces and spice rubs, or use as a seasoning.
- Use it for flavour stews or casseroles.
- Is great addition for paellas, pastas and pizzas.
- Use as a garnish in creams.
- Good with barbequed meats, roast chicken or vegetables.
Paprika offers many health benefits. It has a good source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It enhances your health and improve your skin.
Recipe/ product links:
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling: Mild Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Pimento, Capsicum annum