Black Pepper is picked from the flowering vine of the peppercorn plant and is the most pungent and flavourful variety of Pepper. Black peppercorns are picked green and then dried to 12% moisture content. Pepper Black Whole is great to use in grinders. It has a woody flavour with a spicy heat. Pepper is used in all cultures and all types of cuisine. Also, it is known for improving the digestion. Used vastly in Indian cooking and as a main ingredient in our Black Pepper Chicken.
Culinary Notes :
- Add pepper black whole during cooking and remove before serving. It goes well with seafood, beans, lentils, berries, apples, pears, cheese, stews, poultry.
- Add during cooking or at the table.
- Combine with other spices to marinate chicken, fish and meat.
- In Indian and Middle East cuisine use it in chicken curries and meat and rice dishes.
- Use to cook soups and barbecue sauces.
- Use it in small quantities in sweet preparations as fruitcakes.
Pepper has Piperine compounds that improve the digestion and calms nausea. Also, it is known to have anti-inflammatory, carminative, anti-flatulent properties.
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling: Black Pepper, White Pepper, Green Pepper, Pink Pepper, Piper nigrum