Green Peppercorns are the unripe berries picked green from the peppercorn plant, it is the same vine that produces the black pepper. Pepper Green Whole is subtler in flavour than black peppercorns, but have a distinct fresh hot bite. They can be used in many savoury dishes and are tend to be used more for terrines, pates or rich food like pork & duck. It is also used as a garnish and in a pepper mix. The whole peppercorns are perfect for adding to a grinder.
- Green Pepper can be used as a substitute of black pepper.
- They combine well with chicken, eggs, fish, pork, salads, soup and tomatoes.
- Use for steak, exotic sauces and vegetables.
- Use to flavour sauce for grilled beef, stuffings, pâtés and marinades. Use to marinate a tablespoon of green peppercorns in a glass of white wine.
- Use to flavour vinegar, poultry and grilled meats.
- In Thai cuisine are used to flavour to sauces and curries.
Pepper has Piperine compounds that improve the digestion and calms nausea. Also, it is known to have anti-inflammatory, carminative, anti-flatulent properties.
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling: Black Pepper, White Pepper, Green Pepper, Pink Pepper, Piper nigrum