Sesame seeds White can be used in several types of dishes. White seeds are sprinkled on bread & biscuits. The ground form makes delightful sweet desserts including halva.
Sesame seeds White have high mineral content and an excellent source of magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, and phosphorous. The copper helps to have healthy skin, nails, and the immune system. They are an excellent source of calcium. Also, they contain B vitamins, niacin, and folate.
100% dried Whole White Sesame Seeds
Country of origin:
Grown in India, Packed in Australia
Other names or spelling:
Benne, Gingelly, Golden Sesame, White Sesame, Sesamum indicum, Ajonjolí or Sésamo (Spanish, ) Semi Di Sesamo (Italian) , Till, Teel or Sésame (French), Til (Urdu & Hindi, Bengali), Ellu or Ell (Tamil), Nuvvulu (Telugu), Raashi (Oriya).
How to use:
- Toast them to add a stronger flavour
- Fry the seeds in butter and serve atop white-fleshed fish or bake them into vanilla-flavoured cookies
- Add Sesame Seeds White to biscuits, bread, pies, cakes, and stir-fries or sprinkle on them before cooking
- Use to make bread, rolls, crackers, and breadsticks
- Sprinkle over salads or serve on cooked green beans
- Scattered on top or puréed into a paste
- They are good with a range of fruits, especially sweet berries, as well as light-colored vegetables like cauliflower
- Add to green salads or pasta salads, stir fry, for encrusting chicken or beef, and in sauteed vegetable dishes
- In Mexican cuisine, pounded into mole sauces to thicken and lend a nutty flavour
- In Japanise cuisine use to make the exotic Gomassio or gomashio
- Add to stir-fries just before serving
- They are good for coating honey prawns or chicken adding a crunchy texture
How to Select:
Try to select high-quality Sesame Seeds White with its distinctive milky honey aroma and make sure that the seeds are covered or packed to ensure freshness. Store them in the refrigerator during warm weather due to the high oil content in the seeds. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place during other seasons.