Culinary Notes :
A rare native spice that is versatile and uniquely Australian. Wattleseed has strong coffee, chocolate and hazelnut aroma and flavour.
Our Wattleseed is a fine ground, extra dark roast to provide maximum flavour and dispersion in your cooking.
- Use to flavour biscuits, muffins, pancake and bread
- It goes well with coriander seed
- Makes a good caffeine free coffee substitute.
- Use to flavour meats and seafood
- Use is as a coffee and hazelnuts substitute
- Sprinkle over cappuccinos
- Choose high quality wattle seeds ground with a nut coffee aroma.
- Use in marinades and to thick sauces
- Used in creamy foods like ice cream, it will impart a more chocolate and hazelnut flavour.
- used in baking and liquids you will get a more coffee and hazelnut effect.
- Endlessly versatile, use in the same concentration as you would cinnamon, just a pinch for some mild flavour, more for a complete aromatic effect.
Wattle seed has many health benefits. They are a good source of fiber and energy. Also, it can help to fight against cancer.
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling: Elegant wattle, Prickly wattle, Gundabluey, Bramble wattle, Elegant acacia, Coastal wattle, Wirilda, Mulga, Golden wattle, Gundabluey watle