- Acceptance of Terms
- By joining The Spice People online store you’re agreeing to abide by the Terms of Service below. Using our websites shows that you accept the terms and conditions in effect at that time. The Spice People, at their discretion, may change these terms and conditions at any time. If changes are made, they will take effect when posted on the website. As you are bound by any such amendments to the Terms you should therefore periodically check the current Terms.
- An order by you is an offer by you to purchase a particular product at the price and delivery charges specified in the details of that order. The order must contain your name, email address, shipping address, credit card number and the expiry date of your credit card so your order can be processed and fulfilled. Information that you provide on this website must be accurate and complete. All personal details provided by you are treated as strictly confidential at all times.
The Spice People reserves the right to accept or reject your order for any reason, this includes but is not limited to: an error in the price or the product description posted on the site or the unavailability of a product. There may be an instance where The Spice People cannot fulfill your order; if this occurs, you will be notified at earliest convenience and your contract with The Spice People will be void. Contracts are only viable once your order has been confirmed and payment accepted.
- Prices and Products
- All prices and delivery costs on our website are quoted in Australian dollars. Information on prices and availability of products and delivery charges are stipulated and maintained by The Spice People’s website. The Spice People therefore cannot guarantee that all details are current at the time of issue. Prices, availability of products and delivery charges may change at any time and are subject to availability. If a pricing error is obvious and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we are under no obligation to provide a product to you at the incorrect price, even after we have accepted your order. Payments must be made via PayPal service or Direct Bank Transfer. If paying by DBT, your order will not be processed and packed until funds have cleared.
- Shipping Costs
- We offer a flat rate standard shipping fee of $7.95 and express shipping fee of $12.75. We offer free standard shipping on all orders that exceed $69.00.
- The Spice People will maintain ownership of the products you order until a full and legitimate payment is received. The Spice People personally pick and dispatch each product you receive and accept liability for product defects and delivery issues.
- Whilst The Spice People endeavors to meet the scheduled delivery time, we cannot always guarantee it due to circumstances beyond our immediate control. The Spice People will not have any liability to you if any part of your order fails to satisfy in whole or in part the scheduled delivery time.
Online orders are dispatched each weekday using Australia Post, either Express Post or standard as per order instructions and payment. In the event of a public holiday or need for a close of business on Monday, orders will be dispatched at the next available business day. Delivery times are then 1 to 10 business days depending on your location within Australia and Australia Post delivery times.
International Orders are sent via Australia Post International Parcels, and delivery is typically 5 – 15 business days. When placing orders for spices from countries other than Australia, it is the responsibility of the customer placing the order to determine whether the said goods are subject to any import restrictions or incur additional fees.
- Returns and Refunds
- The Spice People accepts returns and will fully refund any order, less the cost of freight, returned to The Spice People within 4 weeks of date of delivery. Product within the order must be unopened to receive the refund.
If you return a product to us, we will examine it and will notify you of your eligibility for a refund within a reasonable period of time. If you are eligible for a refund, we will usually refund you as soon as we can by the same method you used to pay originally.
- You may have certain rights and remedies available to you in relation to the provision by The Spice People of goods and services on the aforementioned terms under the Trade Practices Act and similar state and territory legislation in Australia which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (“Basic Rights”). Except as provided by the Basic Rights: All other conditions and warranties either express or implied by custom, law or statute are excluded; all content is provided without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied;
The Spice People does not warrant that your access to The Spice People website or the functions contained in any content will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected or that The Spice People website or the server which stores and submits content to you are free of viruses, malicious computer code transmitted on or through The Spice People or other harmful component;
The Spice People does not represent that any information (including any file) obtained from or through this website is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan any such information for computer viruses. The Spice People will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic), however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any such information. To the extent that any applicable law that cannot be excluded imposes any liability on The Spice People, that liability shall be limited to the cost of re-supplying that information.
The Spice People expressly disclaims the accuracy of all descriptions and specifications of the products. This disclaimer in no way affects the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, if any.
The Spice People expressly disclaims the currency, accuracy or completeness of any content or any information provided by third parties on or through The Spice People.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will The Spice People be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages or loss of profits that are directly or indirectly related to the use of, or the inability to use, The Spice People website, even if advised of the possibility of such damages or that such damages were foreseeable.
Where The Spice People is unable to exclude liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition by virtue of any statute, then its liability shall be limited to: in the case of goods supplied or offered by merchants within The Spice People, any one or more of the following (i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; (ii) the repair of the goods; (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or · in the case of services supplied or offered by The Spice People (i) the supplying of the services again; or (ii) the payment of the cost of having these services supplied again.
- Third Party Services
- You may order services or merchandise through The Spice People from other persons not affiliated with The Spice People (“Seller”). All matters concerning the merchandise and services desired from Seller, including but not limited to purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance and delivery, are solely between you and Seller. The Spice People makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to any goods or services provided by Sellers. You will not consider The Spice People nor will The Spice People be construed as a party to such transactions, whether or not The Spice People may have received some form of revenue or other remuneration in connection with the transaction or be liable for any costs or damages arising out of, either directly or indirectly, you or any other person involved or related to the transaction.
The Spice People may include special routing icons or links which may be located within The Spice People website, the activation of which will allow you to access and learn more about The Spice People and other services provided by The Spice People whereby the use of such icons is free of additional charge to you. When you access any of these services, your rights and obligations will be governed by the agreements and policies of the third-party service.
- Participation in promotions
- For promotional and information-providing purposes, The Spice People will communicate via email to you as a customer or as a user of this website if you have agreed upon registration or subscription to receive such emails. The Spice People is obligated, through this third-party email service, to provide you the receiver with an ‘unsubscribe’ option to opt out whenever you the receiver chooses to do so.
The Spice People assumes no liability, obligation or responsibility for any correspondence or advertisement from the third-party email service.