Most commonly used in Asian dishes, Galangal is a close cousin to ginger, also known as Laos root. Galangal Powder is highly aromatic and is especially important for making delicious red and green Thai curry paste, Rendang curry and Malaysian Laksa. Spicy, warm and super-aromatic, Galangal will impart and fragrant warmth to many dishes.
Galangal contains various essential oils as eugenol, methyl cinnamate and galangol responsible for its many health benefits. It helps to treat nausea, indigestion and gastritis. It has antibacterial and analgesic properties.
100% dried Galangal Powder
How to use:
- Use in Thai and Asian curries
- Use it in stir-fires, sauces, satay and vegetables
- Use in chicken, fish, duck, pork
- Use a pinch to prepare Thai chicken cononut soup: Tom Kha Gai
- Also, use in breads, cabbage, fruits and rice
- It goes well with fennel, lemon grass
- For recipes that ask for galangal root or ginger root, use half teaspoon of powder for one slice of root
- Add at the beginning of a dish to impart its flavour, or as a finishing sprinkle on top after blooming in a warm pan until fragrant
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Moroccan Carrot Soup
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Java Root, Galanga, Laos Powder, Lengkuas, Alpinia galangal, Galengale, Galingale, Garingal Greater: Big Galangal, Galangal Major, Java Galangal, Kaempferia, Siamese Ginger Lesser: Aromatic Ginger, China Root, Chinese Ginger, Colic Root, East Indian Catarrh Root, East Indian Root, Gargaut, India Root, Siamese Ginger, Zingiberaceae
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.