Kaffir lime leaves are similar to bay leaves, but with a shiny green colour and a strong lime flavour and pungent aroma. They are a key ingredient in Thai and other Asian cuisines.
Culinary Notes :
- Use lime powder in Thai curries, rice and Asian noodle recipes to impart fresh citrus characteristics to the dish
- Used in desserts and sweet dishes.
- Use as a substitute of fresh lime leaves
- Use in soups, stir-fries and green curries
- They go well with fish, vegetables, noodles rice and squid
- Use them in meats as chicken, pork or poultry
- They combine well with basil, chilli peppers, coriander, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and anise
Kaffir lime leaves have many health benefits. They stimulate the digestion and have anti-inflammatory properties. Also, they have anti-oxidants.
Recipe/ product links:
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling: Kaffir Lime Leaves, Citrus hystrix, Makrut Lime Leaves, Kieffer, Thai lime, wild lime, Indonesian lime leaves, Kaffir lime