Culinary Notes: With a deep, rich smoky flavour, Chipotle Chillies are one of Mexico's most well-known flavours. Add to slow cooks, stews, soups, and chillies for a wonderfully nutty, spicy flavour. We harvest the chillies at their peak ripeness then dry and grind them for the best, most authentic chipotle flavour.
Health benefits: Chipotle Chilli has many health benefits as a good source of vitamins and minerals. It helps to reduce blood pressure, protect against heart disease, aid in weight loss, clear up various respiratory conditions, and defend against intestinal diseases. It also contains capsaicin, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, and dietary fibre, as well as vitamin A, K, C, B6, and potassium.
Ingredients: 100% dried ground Chipotle Chillies
How to use:
- Pair with beef, chicken and pork chops
- Use in soups, stews and casseroles
- Sprinkle to vegetables, meats, and sauces
- Stir into BBQ sauce
- Shake it onto roasted veggies
- Add in the beginning of cooking to bloom and release their volatile oils
- Its deep, smoky flavour gives a big impact so add 1/2-1tsp at a time and taste and smell as you go
- Use as a dry rub with salt over meat before grilling or roasting
- Combine with oil to create a marinade for meat or veg
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions smokey chipotle sauce
Country of origin: Mexico
Other names or spelling: Aji, Red Pepper, Mild Chillies, Hot Chillies, Fruity Chillies, chili ahumado