Culinary Notes:Turmeric Powder is a member of the ginger family and it is used both for its light and musky flavour and earthy mustard yellow colour that imparts a strong dark yellow hue to any dish.
Health benefits:As the Turmeric Alleppey contains the compound curcumin, some of its benefits include a strong anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti muta genic properties. It helps to prevent cancer caused by radiation.
- When incorporating in the diet, it helps to prevent the pain of arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis, and fight atherosclerosis.
- It is also used for heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems, and gallbladder disorders.
- Also, it can be used to treat sore throats and coughs when combining with honey.
- It is beneficial for the skin and when mixing with water and honey helps to stop acne.
- Turmeric tea can improve sleep and be soothing during illness.