Turmeric Allepey powder is a member of the ginger family that is native to India. Indian Turmeric from the Allepey region is reputed for its ability to color curries, pickles, rice dishes, mustards, drinks & sweet dishes with a dark yellow-ochre color. Turmeric Allepey has a distinctive earthy fragrance and a warm, slightly peppery bitter taste. Even though there are two types most commonly used; Alleppey and Madras, Alleppey turmeric is the best variety to use in cooking when the true flavor of fresh turmeric is desired.
Turmeric Alleppey contains the compound curcumin and has been used for centuries in India as a medicinal herb. Some of its health benefits are reported to be: strong anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and antimutagenic properties.
- In traditional medicine, it has been used to reduce the pain of arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis, and fight atherosclerosis.
- It is also used for heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems, and gallbladder disorders.
- Turmeric tea can improve sleep, and it can be used as a tonic to soothe sore throats and coughs when combined with honey.
- Its antimicrobial properties may be beneficial for treating skin conditions such as acne when mixed with water and honey.
- 100% dried ground Turmeric Powder
- Packed in Australia from 100% imported ingredients.
Other Names or Spelling:
turmeric Alleppey, tamaret, tormarith, turmerocke, tarmanick, tarmaluk, kurkum' saffron, curcuma, curcuma longa, turmeric ground, turmeric root, turmeric powder, Indian saffron, turmeric rhizome.