- Registration Information
- When you register on The Spice People website, you will be required to provide The Spice People with the following information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and password.
Privacy is a priority of ours at The Spice People and your privacy is extremely important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this policy statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. We endeavor to make our policy statement extremely transparent and therefore ensure it is available via the homepage and at every point where personal information is requested.
- The information we gather
- This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on The Spice People website. On The Spice People website, you can elect to order products, register for a specific material, or request information. The type of information collected on these pages includes:
Credit/Debit Card Information
Sometimes you may be requested to enter information about other people in the event of purchasing a Gift Certificate that is sent to either you or your receiver via email. In this scenario, the type of information that may be collected includes:
Personal Message (optional)
- The way information is used
- The Spice People will use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to fulfill the obligations of that order.
We use the information you provide about someone else when purchasing a Gift Certificate only to email the product to them. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
You can register with The Spice People website. Registered members of The Spice People website receive numerous entitlements, including a monthly newsletter, as well as updates on our new products and services, access to special promotions and deals.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and target our market within our third-party selling stores. We do not disclose any identifying information when liaising with said third-party sellers.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
The Spice People is committed to stringent data security. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can correct or change data in your personally identifiable information at any time by logging into the secure customer area of the site and altering your details. A password is required to login to the secure area, so you are the only one who can view or edit your personal details.
- Your ability to purchase products and services from The Spice People website may be terminated at any time by The Spice People without notice. All restrictions, licenses and the like granted by you and all disclaimers and limitations of liability by The Spice People will survive termination.
Should you object to any of these Terms and Conditions (including any subsequent amendments), you must immediately discontinue use of this website.
- Under accepted codes of conduct operating within the banking industry, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges, unless your actions have contributed to the unauthorized use of your credit card.
In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Once you register on The Spice People website, you will create a password. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities, which occur under your email address and password. You agree to immediately notify The Spice People of any unauthorized use of your email address or any other breach of security that you become aware of.
- Social Media Participation and Comments
- Your right to use participate in social media platforms provided by The Spice People is personal to you: You may not authorize others to use The Spice People social media sites, and you are responsible for all of your own use of The Spice People social media sites.
You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language, or to place on The Spice People any material that is false, defamatory, abusive, harassing, or hateful. Further, you may not place on The Spice People any material that is encrypted, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized advertising, invades anyone’s privacy, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation. You agree to use The Spice People only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
Other than connecting to The Spice People’s servers by HTTP requests using a Web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to The Spice People servers by any means – including but limited to, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using The Spice People website or otherwise.
You are responsible for ensuring that any material you provide to The Spice People website or post in a social platform including but not limited to text, photographs and sound, does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party – or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights.
Postings to the platforms are not private. You grant The Spice People and its designees the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, modify, translate, transmit and distribute any information or material you supply or communicate to The Spice People via such postings, in any medium now in existence or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including commercial uses.
You agree that The Spice People is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material.
- These Terms (and the agreement thereby constituted by your access, browsing or use) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. You irrevocable and unconditionally agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
Any provisions of these Terms shall for any reason be held to be unenforceable or invalid in any respect under any law then such unenforceability or invalidity shall not affect any other provision of these Terms and these Terms shall be constituted as if such unenforceable law and valid provisions had never been contained herein.
The products and services offered for sale by The Spice People are only available to individuals who can make legally binding contracts.
Any party engaging in illegal activities involving the use of this website will be subject to civil and criminal prosecution. The Spice People cannot guarantee that it will be able to prevent any illegal or inappropriate use of this website, nor can The Spice People guarantee that it will give advance notice or warning of any illegal or inappropriate use of this website.
All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
- Policy on cookies
non-technical terms, cookies help websites collate information on who you are and what you did last time you visited our website. There are 2 types of cookies, temporary cookies, and persistent cookies. Temporary cookies create a link between the websites server (computer) and the user’s computer. The temporary cookie takes the form of a unique code (session ID) that holds no personal data or content. As the name suggests, temporary cookies are deleted when you leave a web site.
- Persistent cookies are more permanent in nature and can store various bits of information. The Spice People’s web site will place a persistent cookie on your computer if you decide to become a registered member or if you decide to order off the site. The Spice People’s cookie will contain no personally identifying information but will allow us to provide better service by remembering some of your previous settings. Specifically, when you place products in your shopping basket, we will save a cookie on your computer that will act as a “pointer” to your shopping basket. This allows you to leave and return to the site as many times as you want before you complete your order. We also use a persistent cookie to save your registered information so that we can easily remember you when you come back to the site and log in. Cookies are required for ordering on The Spice People so if you wish to order, you need to set your computer to accept cookies (most browsers are set to accept them by default). We will not use the cookie for anything other than the uses mentioned above.