Allspice Berries are a super-aromatic berry with a sweetness akin to cinnamon, a spiciness like cloves and nutmeg, and a warm pepperiness to round it all out. This fragrant berry is dried and either used whole or ground, predominantly in Caribbean cuisine, and is a primary ingredient in Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.
Allspice has an essential oil known as eugenol, which is responsible for its many health benefits. It helps to treat digestive problems, reduce pain, and also has anti-microbial properties. It can additionally help to improve circulation and has antiseptic and antioxidant properties.
100% dried Ground Allspice Berries
How to use:
- Use it as a ground cloves substitute in cakes and pastries
- Commonly used in Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- Use it in spice cakes, puddings, cookies, gravies, bbq sauce
- Used in German sausages
- Used in English baking
- Sprinkle on pumpkin soup
- Bouquet: pungent and aromatic, like a combination of nutmeg, clove, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Flavour: warm and sweetly pungent with peppery overtones.
- Hotness Scale: 4
- Its pungent and complex flavour means a little goes a long way so start off small and add as you taste and smell
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Jamaican jerk chicken
Chai banana cake
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
pimento Jamaica Pepper, Bay Rum Berry, Pimenta dioica, kurundu, myrtle pepper, pimento, newspice, clove pepper, pimento, toute-épice, jamikapfefer, kabab cheene, seetful, pimento de Jamaic, Pimento Berries
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.