The base of Celery Salt Seasoning is the celery seeds itself. Celery seeds are mainly produced in India and China. Celery Seed doesn't actually come from the same celery plant that we eat, it is a derivative of a domesticated wild plant know as ‘smallage’. It is often used in soups, salad dressings, and pickling.
The celery seeds are then combines with sea salt, black pepper, garlic, onions, sage, oregano and thyme to make a versatile season with a mild celery like flavour.
All of our blends are full of beneficial herbs and spices to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free, and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our herbs and spice blends means a little goes a long way and using our spice blends to create the flavour in your dishes is a good way to incorporate the health benefits of beneficial herbs and spices without the calories. We only use Australian sea salt, which contains vital minerals and is considered a healthier salt.
Celery seeds have been used as medicine for thousands of years in the Eastern world. During ancient times, Indian Ayurvedic medicine used celery seed to treat colds, flu, water retention, poor digestion, different types of arthritis, and certain diseases of the liver and spleen. It is still widely used today for treating ailments such as arthritis and gout, helping reduce muscle spasms, calming the nerves, reducing inflammation and lowering blood pressure.
Made from local and imported ingredients: celery seeds, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, onions, sage, oregano and thyme.
How to use:
- The salts are great to sprinkle over any dish, including meat and vegetables
- The blend formula can be used in a salt grinder
- It is also fine enough to sprinkle over dishes without being gritty
- Use to add flavour to salads, dressings and creamy soups
- Best used a finishing seasoning on dishes to add a fragrant, savoury flavour
- A sprinkling per dish is plenty to taste its wonderful flavour but add to your taste
- Substitute for regular salt as a healthier, more flavourful option
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Spaghetti meatballs with pork
Country of Origin:
Other names or spelling: