With a delicate combination of sweet spices like cinnamon and savoury spices like cardamom, South African Cape Malay is a wonderfully aromatic, unique take on a curry dish. It's full bodied and rich and is often made with coconut milk to add a subtle sweet creaminess. It is a mild and curry and is highly aromatic, making it suitable for all the family.
All of our curries are preservative free, additive free, filler free, and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way so only a small amount is required.
Made from imported and local spices; coriander, cumin, cardamom, chilli powder, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, fennel, turmeric, black mustard, fenugreek and sea salt.
How to use:
- Pairs well with meat and vegetables, particularly lamb and root vegetables
- Use coconut milk to make a rich and creamy curry
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Combine with a small amount of coconut cream or yoghurt to make a marinade for meat or fish
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
South African Cape Malay Lamb Curry
Cape Malay Vegetable Curry
Country of Origin:
Other names or spelling:
Cape malay curry