Culinary Notes :
- Soak the Porcini Mushrooms in warm water for 15-20 minutes and they are ready to use in the same manner as fresh mushrooms
- Use the liquid used to rehydrate the mushrooms as a great base for soups, stocks and sauces.
- Great for any dish that calls for chopped mushrooms
- Add cooked mushrooms to omelettes or place on top of grilled fish, burgers or steak.
- Add to creamy sauces, pasta and risottos
Porcini Mushrooms are a great source of dietary fibre and are a good source of protein. They also contains copper, potassium, zinc, selenium and B vitamins.
Recipe/ product links:
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Porcino, cepes, cep